Lots of other people have far more detailed pages about uniform polyhedra which explain some of
the mathematics. Many of these can be found using Google.
- Kaleido a program by Dr. Zvi Har'El which generates
the verticies of the uniform polyhedra. This data has been used to construct the models here. Most picture taken from there.
- George Hart some lovely pictures and extensive info on related topics.
- Mathsconsult has some good details of the mathematics.
- V.Bulatov's Polyhedra Collection
some of the nicest pictures around with lots of fancy ray-tracing.
- Javaview the 3D math library used to display the models.
The models here are constructed using a small c++ program convert.cpp
which reads data generated by Kaleido
and produces data suitable for Javaview.
It produces splits up the faces of the polyhedra into smaller facets which do not intersect and removes hidden faets.
WOW !!!! Thanks........
Sun Feb 22 2009
Add a comment/link:
Back to Home page
Page and applet by Rich Morris
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.|
(Attribution required, Non-Commercial, Share Alike (gnu type copyleft thing)).
We also ask that you let us know (email@example.com) if
you link to, redistribute, make a derived work or do anything grouvy with this information.